Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dubrovnik and Ljubljana

The bus ride to Dubrovnik was long but amazing. The Croatian coast is amazing. Everything is a mix between Eastern European and Italian it seems. The food, the people, everything. The city of Dubrovnik itself is amazingly beautiful, and I dont think I could have been there at a more perfect time. The weather was sunny, and the tourist crowd was not there yet. I felt like we had the city all to ourselves. I think that when someone asks me what city they need to include when they visit Europe, Dubrovnik is on the list. Really... once I can upload pictures, anyone who hasnt seen Dubrovnik will be in awe. Its a real good place to just chill out and relax. The seafood was ridiculous the views are unbeatable. The strangest part of the city was when we ventured outside of the main area and went to a Croatian farm run by some crazy man, and when we visited the fortress on top of the mountain looking down on Dubrovnik. They show the footage of Dubrovnik being attacked at the fortress and its insane to think that the city was under siege not too long ago.

The next stop was Ljubljana which is in Slovenia. This city wasnt even on my radar to begin with, but I am glad we made the stop. It seemed like a Vienna, with some nice water walks and nice buildings.

Well for the last 2 days I have taken an 11 hour bus ride, a 5 hour train ride, another 5 hour train ride, and a 6 hour train ride so that I could get back to Rome. I havent stayed in a hostel the last 2 nights, slept a little on the transportation as well as in the train stations. I stink, I need to shave, I need some sleep. But thought I would do laundry first and blog while that is going on. I am in Rome now, just waiting for Brother to get here in the morning. Im sure I missed a ton in the last couple posts but it had been soooo long since I said anything so I decided to just throw some stuff down. I am not going to be traveling like I did the last couple weeks, so I shouldnt have any more of those gaps like that.

3 comments:

  1. Me again - not sure why this post didn't pop up before the Eastern European Tour post - but I wrote on that one - just wanted to say I am glad you are in Rome and hope you had a chance to clean up before your brother arrives!! Don't want to scare him off too soon :) I know you 2 will have a great week together - talk to you later -

    Lel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaudy been trying to get in touch with you! Check your email regarding B-rice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brother found me on the streets yay!!

    ReplyDelete