Friday, March 6, 2009

Hofheim slash Frankfurt

Frankfurt was pretty cool. I spent most of the time in a suburb outside of Frankfurt called Hofheim, though, and it was one of the better times Ive had on the trip so far. I think it helped me realize that I like the smaller cities, and Hofheim is perfect because you can jump on the S-Bahn and be in Frankfurt in about 20 minutes.
Frankfurt has a real big city feel to it. The skyline is very impressive, and has some of the cooler and bigger buildings Ive seen.
Spending some time with Kathrin and her family was exactly what I needed. When I got there I was completely exhausted. I tried not to show how tired and lazyI was at first, but I really needed a nice rest. There was so much sight seeing and traveling that I rarely had time to just take a break and rest. So when I found out that I was going to have my own warm bed, in a nice house, with a home cooked meal I was pretty excited.
Kathrin was nice enough to introduce me to all her friends and show me around Hofheim and Frankfurt. We went to Moritz, a friend of hers, house and had a nice meal with Kathrins friends. Went into the city to see some museums and enjoy the sights of Frankfurt. We played soccer with some people (Im actually not that bad). One of the funnier nights was when we tried to go clubbing. Without getting too much into the story we ended up getting lost on the way there, getting lost after we parked, and eventually going into the wrong club. We made the most of it though.
I was on a mission to try all things German, most of which are different varieties of candy or strange looking sausages in the meat market. The gummy bears are awesome, as is the Toffeefee and Marshmallowcreamychocolate things. Kathrins mom made us an amazing meal one night, with some friend potatoes, some sort of pork, and some sourkraut.
We had a really fun night before I left when Me, Kathrin, Moritz and Liza went downtown to just hang out. There wasnt much going on since it was monday, but we ended up finding some crazy guy who bought us all drinks. The most fun though was just walking around with Kathrin looking for castels in the forest, or enjoying a nice tea at the house. Had some good laughs, and I really wish I could spend some more time in Hofheim. I was definately looking forward to doing some snowboarding though. Im a little rushed and I could probably type forever but dont have that much time and cant upload pictures so Ill do that later.

-Kyle

2 comments:

  1. awesome the girls are going to be so stoked to hear you got to hang out with kathrin. those friend potatoes sound deelish, lolz
    sounds like a lot of fun going through the forest looking for castles, what an adventure

    i was thinking for italy we should see how much it is to be on like a boat and hop to all the little towns along the coast or something

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clubber now Kaud!! I hope you're showing off your mooooves. And nothing makes a night more fun than finding some crazy guy who will buy drinks for you all night!! Right on!

    ReplyDelete