Tuesday, February 17, 2009

brb going to Berlin..

So Amsterdam was pretty cool.
It was cold for the most part, and didnt make for the best pictures in the world. But its a pretty and clean city with a lot to see. Amsterdam helped me realize just how bad my sense of direction is. I have been walking along a canal so many times thinking I was going one direction, and finding out I am going the complete opposite direction. I get lost even when Im looking at a map, its really sad. I think my legs are getting used to all this walking finally, as I am not really getting sore any more. I did get to ride a bike, just like everyone else does here. Its the flattest city Ive ever seen, which makes it quite ideal for bike riding. I also got hit by a biker, and almost ran over by the tram, both pretty common things here.

I didnt get to read or write as much as I had hoped, because its pretty hard to actually find a REAL coffee shop in Amsterdam. You have to be very discerning before you go into what seems like a normal warm building labeled 'coffee shop'. It was also hard to find a real church, all the old churches here have been turned into movie theatres or exhibition halls.

I will get a lot of time to myself on the train to Berlin though. I think its about a 6 hour journey.

I must be looking really good for not having a decent shower in a couple days. It seems like every window I walk by there are girls knocking on the glass just trying to get me to talk to them. Most of them have taken the majority of their clothes off out of pure excitement from seeing me walk down the street. What a confidence booster. Anway Im pretty saturated with Amsterdam and cant wait to start the more eastern part of my trip. Then eventually somewhere warmer.....

Oh everyone is really nice here too, this is a makeshift lost and found in one of the parks of Amsterdam, if you find something in the park you hang it on the fence, instead of stealing it. Its pretty cool, and it seems like it is used quite often. Oh boy everyone is sooo liberal too, it made for something really interesting conversations, maybe I can post a transcript when I get a chance.

2 comments:

  1. That's my boy...directionally challenged, LOL!! So funny I can picture you going back and forth, and then lol getting hit by another bike lol lol ahhh ohhh Kyle!!! But I doooon lika da almost ran over by the tram. Khhhyle to have all those girls practically climbing out the windows half naked for YOUR handsomeness I would imagine you're holding your head very high these days, and as you should. Amsterdam is pretty friendly that way! You're funny, I love it. But seriously I did hear it was very friendly in other ways as well. I can't wait to read some of your posts with the liberal conversations you had. I bet that was fun for you. Have fun in Berlin! MMMUUAAAAHHHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always the heart-breaker hahah
    berlin is going to be so wicked fun, das good beer ya?

    love the pictures too!! keep it up

    ReplyDelete