Tuesday, February 24, 2009

PRAHA

Prague... (Ill have to do a separate post to finish Berlin and when I can upload pictures)

Prague is so incrediblz beautiful.. its hard to even describe. The architecture is so amaying and old looking. There is definatelz still a communist haze over the citz. Most of the old buildings look verz weathered due to communists using the cheapest materials to make them. There are incredible buildings everwhere, but mz most favourite was the side walk. It is made of these little pieces of uniform stone, much better than the poured concrete that we have. I did a lot of walking around the citz and just wandering around. Charles bridge reallz is as prettz as people saz it is. It is lined with awesome sculptures and leads right to the biggest castle I have seen so far, the Prague Castle.

The food is reallz good as well. I had some verz traditional meals including a roast pig 'knuckle' which is a pigs knee I think. Everzthing is served with a gravz sauce and bohemian stzle dumplings which is basicallz just glorified bread, reallz tastz and perfect for soaking up all the sauce. Zou can not walk 20 feet in Wincelsauce square without running into a hot dog vender. Thez sell hot dogs which are not in buns and instead are put into a baguette that has a hole punched in it. Verz good. The Keilbassa is verz good as well, thez serve it with a spicz mustard and a piece of bread. The one thing sold on the street that is not worth getting ever again is the mulled wine. This is spiced wine, that is served verz hot, just like tea. At least thats what I think it was, anzwaz its complete garbage. Fortunatelz the other drinks in Praha were awesome.

I dont think I had encountered Czech beer before this trip, and I dont understand whz not. The beer here is amaying, it has a verz distinguishing after taste, and the onlz waz I can describe it is that just like Belgian beers have a taste all their own, the Cyech beer does as well. I got to go to a microbrewerz and had their Czech stzle unfiltered unpasturiyed un CO2'd lager. It is one of the best beers I have ever had in mz life. So smooth and tastz. Thez also had a ton of beers thez brewed themselves one of which was a banana beer, which wasnt bad. I noticed that everzone was drinking Pilsner, so I decided to trz it. This is what separates Belgians from Czech. The Pilsner Urquol (i think thats how its spelled) has that same amaying flavour found in the other Czech beers, and I cant saz the same for Stella. Anzwaz the beer was amaying, luckilz its off to Bavaria next where the beer will be just as awesome. Wish I had more time to tzpe, and I will probablz later when I can upload pictures.

Kzle

4 comments:

  1. Kzle, Prague sounds beautiful and intricate. I love hearing about all the beers, yummy. We'll have to see if we can locate a Czech beer and try it. Last weekend we went to Greg's cousins wedding and the sister of the Bride, Greg’s other cousin, flew in from Germany where they live now. Her name is Janet and she extended an invitation for you to come stay with them for a bit and show you around. They live a little more coastal. She said it is freezing where you were in Berlin right now and when I said you were off to Prague she said that's even colder, so if he needs a nice warm home please have him contact us we would love to meet him ad have him stay with us. Let me know if you would like to and I will get you their contact info. Such nice nice people. I think you would enjoy it. I have missed hearing from you, so yeah, here you are!! (I get so worried) Have more fun my beer drinking hotdog eating boy. Looking forward to the next entry and I love you sooooo much!!! MUUUAAAHHHHH and hugs!!! (Gosh been trying to post this ALLLL day and wouldn't let me, but finally)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm beer. i should have told you about this triple ale i got called gulden draak, its belgian, and is so good, packs a punch too 10%, but so deelish. all that food sounds amazing, so much better than cafeteria food.

    im so excited for rome during spring break!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kzle - so good to hear from you! Have been wondering where you were & how you are doing! Sounds like you are making your way through Europe and enjoying every place you are visiting - so great! Sounds like you are experiencing all the good local sites & foods! Did you skip Munich or is that later - just curious since you aren't in Germany any more. Did you get a piece of the Berlin Wall? Are they still selling pieces? Anyway - glad you are well and having such a great time! Enjoy your kielbasa & beer - we love you - take care & be safe :)

    Lel

    An addendum since I wrote this this morning and could not get it to go through (Hopefully it does this time!) Hope you can get back to Germany to meet the family your mom mentioned - what a great way to see things you might not have thought about! And it sounds like B-Rice is meeting you in Rome next month - how cool is that - the 2 bros trekking around Italy!! Anyway - take care - love you lots - talk to you later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle,
    I loved Prague too. Charles Bridge is so beautiful and the central square is special. I am so happy that Bryce is planning to meet you in Rome. I will help you to figure a meeting place and give you some tips of what to see. I bet you are looking forward to heading south. The weather will be a lot warmer there. You are seeing so much. I am so thrilled for you. You sure will have a lot of stories to share. Are you going to see Katrine?
    We miss you! Jan

    ReplyDelete