Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finishing Paris

Paris was a blur. There is so much to see and do in Paris, that we tended to get ahead of ourselves while sightseeing and ended up crashing when we realized we had probably walked about 20 miles in that day. I think my favorite part of the city is that when youre walking around you will turn a corner and see some amazing sight that I wasnt expecting to be right there. The best example is the Arc, Notre Dame, and Eiffel. The first time I saw the Eiffel tower I was walking around with the person I know studying abroad here. She didnt elude to the fact that as soon as we turned a corner it would be towering above us. It is way bigger than I imagined and is truely an awe to see. It seems like it doesnt serve any purpose really, other than just looking cool, but it sure is amazing.


When Chris got here we had a lot of fun just hanging out. It was more work than we were expecting though. At the end of the days we would be exhausted and just wanting to put our feet up. However, it wouldnt be Paris if we just went home and rested all night. So we pretty much went out every night looking for cute parisian girlfriend. There was one night in particular where we got seperated somehow at a club, neither of us had phones, and he had the key. I got home at around 7am I think, dead tired, half expecting him to not even be home/open the door when I came knocking but sure enough he was there. I remember thinking I would be really angry at him for ditching me, but soon realized that I could have just as easily ditched him on accident. We exchanged storys and slept in til noon. I think we each got a little bit of a cold due to the weather and staying out late every night; a small price to pay for enjoying Paris to its fullest.


Eventually it was time for Chris to leave and I was pushed back out into the world on my own. It was nice having him here, and I know only a true friend would get time off from work and travel half way around the world just to have a week long vaccation with me. I think having a friend here for a week also boosted my confidence a little, especially regarding approaching people that potentially dont speek english. Having a friend with me made talking to strangers and girlz pretty easy, and I think that will carry on for the rest of the trip. It has so far.

The art is Paris was amazing as well. I got to see some of the best museums in the world while I was here, which is pretty lucky. I realized that my favourite art are sculptures and that pretty much any picture or sculpture of an angel with wings and weilding a sword will get me to stop and look at it for a good while. Now its off the Bruge..
For some pictures. Does anyone care to see the pictures of random stuff, not just famous art, but the cities in general? IDK let me know, for now Ill try and keep it simple.

View from where I was sitting and reading LOL SO COOL + kewl tower shot




Pub crawl + hammi face This is me lost walking home sad/angry





The sky really did look amazing the whole time Wings = Win






And my 2 favorite sculptures so far.
You think the dress is painted RIGHT? Nope different rock. So cool
And of course my favourite angel wielding a sword that Ive seen thus far.
































3 comments:

  1. Wowee. You are really soaking it up. Sure looks like you are becoming cultural. Had I known you liked museums so much, perhaps I should've dragged you to more of them when you were younger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. those wings are baller, post more pics, idc if its just of the town or whatever i wanna see more prz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWWW Kronge, you look so cold. I know the exact sound you are making in that picture, LOL!! But sad the you are "pushed back out into the world on my own". I'm happy you had Chris for a little while sounds like yo had a great time. YOu're seeing soa much and doing a great job describing it all to us with your attitude "Pub crawl + hammi face This is me lost walking home sad/angry" LOL!!! sooo angry. I love you!

    ReplyDelete