Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A little more on London..

I was so hurried when I posted last night that I left out a few things. First of all on the way to London from LAX, despite the extreme discomfort I met Joss Stone. Apparently she is a famous singer or something from England. Anyway we were chatting it up a bit and I thought she had a familiar face but didnt bother looking any further into it. When I got off the plane a bunch of people asked her for her autograph and etc and it seemed pretty random, until some guy finally told me what was going on.

As for the actual city of London, its quite nice. Everyone seems a little rushed and in a hurry, and the city seems pretty dirty. Of course this could be due to the fact that for the previous 2 days most of Londons transportation was at least delayed or shut down. Despite the conditions I am still blown away at the public transport here. The Tube takes you everywhere you could want to go, and it seems like even when you miss a train, the next one is a few seconds away. One of my favourite things about the city is that they have at least 5 free newspapers that are given out. So when youre on the underground it seems like everyone is reading one of the several publications. Its pretty cool, and something I will miss.

Today I spent the day as close to being a true Londoner as I could manage. I also took a nice day trip to Oxford which was amazing. Ill have to write about that tomorrow. I feel like walked about 100 miles today, and am pretty exhausted. Taking the Chunnel to Paris tomorrow afternoon and I cant wait for Chris to get here. It will be nice to have him around.

6 comments:

  1. Kyle friend, I am looking for a hotel right now. I will try to keep it on the cheaper side of things but in a nice area. If you're planning on staying there earlier, let me know and I will reserve it for thursday or friday (whenever you get in)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle....Brian sent us your blog address and we are happy to see you made it across the pond and are on your BIG ADVENTURE!! We will keep you in our prayers and wish you the best!!
    Love, Aunt Kerry and Uncle Richie
    P.S. Just remember in your adventure...CDC!! (...choices...decisions....consequences!!) Have fun!!

    P.S. "HEALYMONSTER"??? ---- isn't that your father's nickname????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kyle. Sounds great.
    It is reassuring that you are having such an enjoyable time. Love, Dad
    Hey Kyle, say hello to Paris for me. Remember the Musee D’Orsay my favorite museum. Have a crepe and visit the Shakespeare bookstore near Notre Dame. You can find some English books! So happy that you have enjoyed London. Paris is a dream. We miss you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you're off to Paris, I can now start referring to you as Kronge de l'ronge....and I know you are very François but I just have to tell you the word is spelled "favorite". Can't wait to hear about PARIS!! Hopefully we'll see some pictures soon. I hope my last entry made you laugh and laugh and think of home and that you read it in the voice. Scooter still thinks he's hearing you come through the door and is looking for people to lick. I love you soooo much, MUUAAHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. brother miss you so much!!! i was thinking earlier today about how much you mean to me, you taking this trip is making me do some pondering while wandering for myself as well.
    hope you love pari and meet some fantabulous super models

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you so casually mention that you met joss stone! N.B.D. (no big deal). haha thats awesome though! whatd did you talk about? was she cool/nice/down to earth? p.s. your blog is my new favorite thing to read. will you be posting pics ever? bet you have some awesome ones!

    ReplyDelete