Sunday, February 15, 2009

Brugge

Thank Lauren for hasseling me to post ^_^


I finally made it to Brugge. Took a couple of trains but I finally got there. I quickly found out that most of the hostels were booked, so I walked around town for a while asking hotels what their rates were, and if they knew where a cheap place to stay was. Finally found a place in a good location, but it sure was dirty. I am definately not used to all the smoke in bars. Paris and London for the most part had people go outside if they wanted to smoke. Starting in Belgium I think this is going to change. Its hard enough battleing a little bit of a cold and stuffy nose, but now added to the equation was the fact that my hostel will be filled with smoke non stop. Needless to say I think I may have kept a couple people awake due to my coufing.


I had probably the best weather of the trip my first day in Brugge. Sunny skys, not too cold, barely a cloud. So that was nice, eventually it did start to rain a little bit, but Im used to that now. Brugge is like one giant castle. All the buildings look medieval. There are canals everywhere. All the roads are made of cobble stone, and there are horse drawn carriages everywhere.

I forgot that it was valentines day and thought for a second that Brugge might be the most romantic city on the planet. Everyone seemed to be a couple, lots of PDA going on, there were hearts everywhere. I was sitting on a bench for a while just watching people pass by as I ate some world famous frites. I eventually came to my senses. There is not a lot of things to do or see in Brugge. There are a couple big towers, and some mediocre museums. Other than that the best part was the food. I had a nice Belgium Waffle, some Moules and Frites, and a good amound of different Belgian beers, which of course were amazing. Since I was staying in such a shady place I decided to get up the next day and go to Amsterdam.


(Crap just realized I didnt add any Versaille pictures)















3 comments:

  1. You sure are a handsome looking man, son. I thoroughly enjoy all your stories and pictures. One of these days I'll have to get over there. Oxford looks impressive, and so does everything else. Also, based on one of your photos, looks like they have some gophers ruining their lawns over there, too. I hope you're meeting some nice people and having fun sampling all of the beers. I could your help in the garage since I am rebuilding the instrument cluster of the old green Mercedes. Doesn’t that sound like fun? My prayers are with you, Kyle.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhahaha "I eventually came to my senses. There is not a lot of things to do or see in Brugge".

    oh well at least you experienced it, the food was probably bomb.com though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuuute...you thought everyone was being romantic and loving just cuz it was Brugge. What a nice thought sweetiepie! MMMMM Moules and Frites, and a good amound of different Belgian beers. I'm jealous. Enjoy!!! Three sheets!

    ReplyDelete