Sunday, February 15, 2009

Introduce yourself...

Random stuff:

I had McDonalds and it didnt taste half bad, but I was starving.
Starbucks is just as good here.
Everyone drinks espresso.
Mona Lisa is overrated.
Going to the market is cool.
I cant wait to go somewhere warm, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Munich, Frankfurt, Vienna are all going to be freezing. Cant wait to be in Italy and Dubrovnik when its warmer.
I wasnt able to find another book to read, and english book stores are few and far between, so I am just reading through the New Testament and am glad.
Its amazing how much eye contact can make a difference to a stranger who doesnt speak your language.
Everyone is Paris is really nice, didnt find one rude or snobby person.
Talking Politics and Religion at a bar is just as entertaining as anywhere else.


Amsterdam so far seems like it would be a really cool city if it wasnt for the red light district and everyone smoking pot. But that part of it is kind of awkward and doesnt its best to ruin the cleanliness and beautiful part of the city.


Thank you all for keeping up with me through the blog, I love reading the comments, and just found out I can comment on my own blog so I can do that too from now on. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers as well, I have been blessed so far on my trip. I cant believe Ive only been gone 2 weeks, it seems like I have been gone forever; and at the same time I cant believe that I am already 1/6th of the way done.

-Kyle

5 comments:

  1. Dude, love the picture dump. I'm sitting at Starbucks doing some reading on a cloudy day. Found a Starbucks a block away from Boys Town on Washington. I had the fortune of being gifted a $30 gift card from my mom (who "won" it at work but doesn't drink coffee) so I shelled out and got the Gold Card which has been sweet.
    Also glad you've dropped the "u" in favorite. It's about time you came down from your European high horse. XP
    You'll be happy to know the both Evelyn and Yena have been creeping your blog. Sometimes I think that they're more excited about it than I am...but I suppose that's what happens when you've actually been there, as both of them have.
    Bummed you didn't get find a good book, but the NT has enough for sure.
    Boys Town misses you.
    I cooked myself a nice dinner, pulled on a Guinness, and watched a movie for Valentines Day. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention the white sauce with the McDonalds. I'm glad you're enjoying your trip and never be lonely friend, you have many people reading your blog and looking forward to your return. Continue to enjoy the random conversations and hopefully you'll have many great conversations like you did with James and possibly be a catalyst for change in some peoples lives. BTW, I made it there today and I read afterwards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sick picture dooper, glad your having fun and meeting new ppl.
    love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kyle - glad you made it to your next destination - sorry about all the smoke - how horrible!! Still can't believe you are over there doing this by yourself - but what a great experience! Look forward to hearing what's next and about the people you have been able to meet! Hope you find a good bookstore with some English books in it! Take care and be safe - love, Lel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well did you??? Introduce Yourself!!! Yes, Amsterdam is such a seedy city, but one you must experience if you're there, at least from what I have heard. You sound like you have a good attitude towards it all, and Kaud, you're such a good person...TT. I'm lovin the Blogin!! Muaahhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete