Thursday, February 26, 2009

A little more on Berlin



Beer and doner kebap on the street .. That is the club




Wall and being cold.

Tower and concentration camp

Church and monument of where the communists burned books. (Emptz bookshelves) Verz cool.



Dome
Dome and jewish monument

Ok so a little more on Berlin now that I have a bit of time. The reason I can navigate so well there is because of the giant TV tower that zou can see from everz part of the citz.. I think I left that detail out, so basicallz whenever I did get lost I just look up, see the TV tower and orientate mzself from there. Everz citz should have one of those. Also you are allowed to have a beer on the street or in the tram or prettz much anywhere. I was prettz confused when I saw that everzone was walking around with a beer bottle, and thez were amayed when I told them zou couldnt do it in the USA. So of course there is a picture of me with a kebap and a beer walking around Berlin at some ridiculous hour in the night. I also went to the most exclusive club in Berlin, just to see if I could get in. Its a place that onlz opens on fridaz night and stazs open 48 hours until sundaz. Apparentlz it has the best music with the best DJs and the coolest people. The bouncers are notorious for turning awaz people. I got some tips though... dont make eze contact with anzone on the waz in, and dont speak english no matter what. So I was in line for a while, and before I got to the front, the group of 2 guzs wearing reallz expensive clothes, who were German, and seemed to meet the criteria were turned awaz. Then a group of about 5 good looking girls had the same treatment. However, I just handed him mz monez and walked in. No ezecontact, no speaking. Anzwaz it was prettz cool, except for the bottom floor which was full of so much debauchery and things I will be soon to forget.
Berlin is also notorious for its graffiti or 'street art' if zou will. The Berlin wall, or at least whats left of it is covered in graffiti. Thez call it the largest outdoor art gallerz. There is a piece of the wall that is not 100% covered in graffiti and surrounded bz a fence as well. Lets see... There is a picture of a 1000 euro Karl Lagerfeld teddz bear I saw at the mall. A picture of mz room and bed. A couple pictures of that amaying Berliner Dom church. Its a cool citz. Lots to learn about and see and do.

5 comments:

  1. I love the image of you at a dance club all night long by yourself. To prove that you know how to dance, Corrie and I will have a dance off when you get back!

    Great to read all your stories and descriptions of everything.

    AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaudy so cool you got into that nightclub. I knew your lack of eye contact would come in handy sometime (JK). I kinda want to hear just what debauchery was going on! Did you stay the whole 48 hours in the club? You look so very cold. Are you as cold as you look? MUUAAHHHH and here's a nice warm hug too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing these sights in a completely different season than when i went. LIke snow on all the memorials and the concentration camp, so weird. ps. did you do the bike tour there? in the snow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. brother euro dance club lol ooet ooet

    ReplyDelete
  5. BERGHAIN AND LAGERFELD = BEST BLOG ENTRY YET

    ReplyDelete